Most of us are aware of typical slang that is gay “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” When you haven’t, you are one — and you also don’t even adult web chats comprehend.
Compiled from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from about the world, listed below are 50 unusual or phrases that are out-of-use you ought to agree to memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we get.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual pilot that is male serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or checking some body out, British term refers to examining the item of one’s affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – incredibly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Tonight Example: “Did you see her at the club? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a masculine girl, closely linked to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to women that are queer seem like vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is athletic and sporty. Your message denotes that she’s the not the nature to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and applies to a more normal look.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a young homosexual male searching for older males; see additionally: Chicken hawk, discussing an adult homosexual male in search of younger lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for setting up in public places restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male who is dishonorably discharged through the Navy with regards to their sex; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solamente after wanting to pick somebody up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South African slang for Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others participate in sex.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male utilized by the hospitality industry, such as for example a concierge or even a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kids of a married lover that is“heterosexual.
13. Complete household (n. ) – term utilized to denote having one or more intimately sent disease at a time.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently searching for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – often utilized to explain an aging homosexual male, comparable to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced type of the term “heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron along with his compatriots up to a bisexual person; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” talking about a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain within the century that is 16th make reference to an untameable, wild girl or even a tomboy.
19. Frozen dessert (n. ) – some body so sweet that you’ve got the desire to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate gay guys who’ve a romantic but relationship that is non-sexual frequently close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – individual in deep denial about their sexuality that is own whom might never ever turn out.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to an extremely effeminate homosexual male.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, wanting to grab other individuals’ mates.
26. Happy Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman in a Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – exceedingly negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser male that is gay has existed the block once or twice; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than somebody who is “queerer compared to a three-dollar bill. ”
30. From the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or casual intercourse. See additionally: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – anyone who has been recently separated with.
32. Within the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term talking about an extremely straight-acting and usually masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – while having sex, the one who carries out the bottom role. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian sex that is vaginal.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (n. ) – gay male who enjoys the business of lesbians, similar to “Fruit Fly” for straight females.
37. Saturday Evening Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians whom promote themselves as heterosexual to their normal weekdays and may also be into the cabinet to buddies and co-workers.
38. Pants (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term up to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or Fish that is“Kissing.
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, frequently more pejorative, since it suggests a “bitchy” demeanor.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs down with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males whom head out to locate hookups later through the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male who can maybe maybe not offer dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: you’ve definitely heard this one if you live in Germany. English and American German-speakers have actually a poor practice of saying “Ich bin hot” on hot times, being unsure of what they’re really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – A caucasian person.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in amongst the two poles; much like a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for the club whose clients mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys making love in general public, particularly in outdoor venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, also called “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century expression discussing a male homosexual
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy that takes invest a public area, such as for instance a bathhouse or even a club.
Note: Autostraddle features a list that is great of queer expressions, a few of that have been included right right right here. Check always the rest out to their web site. Madison Moore even offers a list explaining all the best homosexual black colored slang.
Have the best of idea Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly and obtain the very best tales through the week to your inbox every Friday.
You may unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you agree to the regards to our Privacy declaration.
Concerning the writer
Find out about believe Catalog and our article writers on our about page.